Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

YEAR END BLOW OUT

Photobucket

I wanted to go out with a big bang in 2008 so I am having a BIG SALE EVERYTHING IS $1.00 in my store at Faith Sisters. This will not last long, just a little over 24 hours so don't miss out on this event.

Whew, since a few days before Christmas things have been crazy. What are the odds that out of three family members that all three of you would have car troubles at the same time? First it was our daughter saying she didn't think they would be able to come for Christmas as the part they needed to repair their car would have to be ordered and it was not expected to arrive before Christmas (which turned out to be the case) so we will have Christmas with them later.

Then our son had car woes too, and his depended on how expensive his would be as to weither he would be able to come for Christmas. (He did get to come)

Then on the Monday before Christmas we broke down in our SUV, well I should say we had a smoking, freezing time of it. It was the coldest day we have had around here with -22 wind chills.
We were trying to finish up last minute Christmas gifts, when the car acted up so we turned around to head for home, praying we would make it there. Well we didn't quite make it there before we had smoke poring out of the front of the truck. We are pretty sure that the engine blew or something major.

So on Monday we went looking trying to find something we could afford. We didn't want car payments and because we live in an area where you can expect snow & ice we like 4 x 4's.
So I searched the internet, made calls etc. Finally found something close and in our price range and off we went to look at it. It turned out to be just what we were looking for, YEAH!!
So here are our new wheels, a 1998 Grand Jeep Cherokee and I love it!

Photobucket

We had so much fun with our grandsons at Christmas even though we only saw two of them.
The oldest had a blast beating Grandpaw at shooting at a target, and the youngest takes his aiming very serious as you can see from this picture.

Photobucket

Well maybe things will settle down for a little bit at least I hope so as I need a little recovery time.

Oh, I also learned don't give your dog a ham bone. I made that mistake and payed for it with a sick dog for two days. I guess ham is hard on a dogs liver, well there wasn't any ham left on it. I boiled it getting it clean so it wouldn't be messy. But of course my aggressive chewer ate almost all of the bone the first night. So the next day she spent many trips outside, every woke me up in the night to take her out (which she never does) Thank goodness she seems to be over it today.

2 comments:

Web Designz by Kristi said...

Awesome blog post! I love sales at the end of they year, I'm having one too at my store! Love your new car, we need to go look for a new one today as well - Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Best wishes for you, your family, the dog and your new car in 2009!