Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, August 4, 2008

Photos to Pencil Sketches

Whew am I tired this morning!! Our group "Vision" is getting ready for a concert on Saturday so we had a 3 hour practice yesterday after all the regular activities we have a church. We are to have another practice this evening so I will be taking a nap later today for sure. Say a prayer for me as I'm not use to singing for over 2 hours in a concert. We usually have an hour concert so this will be a big day for us on Saturday.


Awhile back I stumbled across "Mama Shan's" video tutorials for photoshop on YouTube. I don't have photoshop but I do have Photoshop Elements so I watched the video about turning a photo into a pencil sketch. After watching it I wanted to try and see how far I could go even though I don't have all of the features that Photoshop has. I couldn't find the exact picture I used on this picture below as my computer crashed awhile back and I lost some items.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I did find the orginal picture of my dog, " Lexie" and below you see what I did using the steps from "Mama Shan's" tutorial to turn it into a pencil sketch. I was fun to try and I learn some more about my program which I didn't know how to do before going through this.

Photobucket

Photobucket
ThinkingofYouPhotobucket

I took the finished pencil sketches and added a few more things to them so I could use them on some cards I was making to sell.

So a fun way to learn your program or learn something new is to go through a tutorial such as these. So I challenge you this week to try something new!

6 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

I love Mama Shan! I have spent a ton of time on her site.

Your sketches turned out wonderfully!

Dnadryad said...

Wow !!

Amazing result !!

amanda said...

WOW! That looks SO cool! I'm going to have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

AfriDigiDiva said...

That's just gorgeous. Thanks for the technique.

Debb Cozzi said...

I love when people create painterly effects with their photos. Yours are really well done. I especially like the one of your dog. Great work!

Beth said...

SOOO cool!
I'll have to look that up! Those would make great cards!