Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Humming Birds & Moths

I finally bought a Humming Bird feeder and was so excited about getting it set up today. When I got home with it and opened the box only part of the feeder is in there, grrrrrrrrrrr.... So they will have to wait on the feeder until I can take it back across town to exchange it.
Just about every day I have seen a humming bird out and about the flowers in the backyard. I planted a Humming Bird vine last year and it is growing fast but so far it just has one small bunch of flowers so I hope by next year it will have more for them.

Anyway I just found out an interesting fact yesterday that there is a Humming Bird Moth.

This is so interesting that a moth looks at first glance just like a Humming bird. I will have to be on the look out for these now that I know there is such a thing.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful photos. I love hummingbirds.

Unknown said...

Amazing photos.

Thena said...

Totally awesome photos. Love your blog.
thena.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know about the month. Learn something new every day!

Unknown said...

Great photo!

AfriDigiDiva said...

I have three hummingbird feeders. They are so wonderful to look at.
The photos are really good!